Software: WallSwap v1.1
WallSwap the automatic wallpaper changer for Windows. Give WallSwap a list of files or
point it at an entire directory of pictures and it will automatically cycle your Windows desktop
background through them. Runs on Windows 9x/ME, NT4, 2000 and XP.
Rated 5/5 by Top Quality Freeware.
What's New in v1.1?
Installing / Un-installing WallSwap
- Use GIF, jpeg, and PNG images (and bitmaps)
- Center, Stretch or Tile your wallpaper image
- Use HTML web pages as your wallpaper
- Compatible with Active Desktop
To make installation easy, WallSwap has been deployed using a standard setup program. Simply
download and unzip the archive, run
setup.exe and follow the on-screen prompts.
Un-installing WallSwap is just as easy with the un-install option provided in the Control Panel.
If you are upgrading from an older version, first un-install it and then install the new version
to the same directory. It will keep whatever settings are relevant from the previous version.
The archive also contains a detached PGP signature which
can be used to confirm the integrity of
setup.exe. Our public key can be downloaded
from most keyservers or from our Contact Details page.
Download WallSwap v1.1 from Irongut's Delphi Pages.
MD5 Hash: 1C5DC13FC05C1012DF2FA2577108359D
- Operating Systems
- WallSwap has been designed and extensively tested for use on Windows 9x/ME,
2000 and XP. It should also run on Windows NT4 and Windows 2003 Server but this has not been tested.
To run WallSwap on Windows 95 or NT4 you must have installed the Desktop Update that is part of IE 4.
WallSwap will not run on any other Operating System.
- The Active Desktop, GIFs and other file formats
- Since IE4, Windows has included the Active Desktop feature. When enabled
it allows you to use GIF, jpeg and PNG pictures or even an HTML web page as your desktop wallpaper.
WallSwap is designed to work with the Active Desktop and if it is turned off you will only be able
to use bitmap pictures. You can have WallSwap enable the Active Desktop for you, see the
Configuring section in the help file.
- WallSwap crashes if I'm not logged in as an Administrator!
- WallSwap needs to modify its configuration file every time it is run. As
a result you need to give all users Modify and Write permission to the directory where you
installed the program and its contents.
C:\PROGRAM FILES\CONSPIRACY SOFTWARE\WALLSWAP
- If you are still having problems
- Pray to the Little Yellow God of computer bugs. (or contact us)
this page to a friend!